Monday, February 18, 2013

warm and cozy
piled high with softness
smells so sweet, like home
springs squeak from
underneath my weight
pillows and blankets
stuffed animals too,
all atop this coveted
place-- taken for granted
eight hours does not
seem like enough
time with you
tearing myself away
as the brutal sun
rises. so comfortable
forgotten items shoved
underneath, monsters
dwell, snoring takes
place. why would
i ever want to
leave you?
sprawled out
don't care
when i get up--
crazy scary
makeup smudged
hair a mess
bittersweet happiness
with you and
only you
leaving every day
but you accept
me back with
no judgment,
no jealousy,
no hate--
just love
only place
that's my own
never ending
our relationship
together
feel so soft
smell like home
ranging in all sizes
from baby to king
you are my favorite
place to be
all the time
you are my strength
you are my weakness
there for me when
i have a bad day
never want to share
you, because i am
so selfish about you
you know my every wish
you hear my every snore
each night i love you so much
always in my comfy bed

1 comment:

  1. ok, you should be posting responses to the weekly readings here also. see syllabus for assignment.

    ReplyDelete