Monday, February 4, 2013

The poetry that we discussed in class (January 17, 2013), was very interesting to me. I especially enjoyed reading Shakespeare's and Ted Berrigan's sonnets. I definitely enjoyed reading Ted Berrigan's XV sonnet because it made just about everyone confused, but when we understood how to read it, you could see all the light bulbs go off in everyone's head and we were all filled with amazement. Shakespeare has always been my favorite poet. I enjoy the rhyme scheme and the use of language in his poetry, even if the idea is crude, it is not made to seem so with the type of language he uses. I like how Shakespeare's sonnets consist of exactly fourteen lines and have a couplet at the end of each. Overall, I really enjoyed reading these pieces and I have a new appreciation for Ted Berrigan because his poems and how he writes challenges people and I admire that.

No comments:

Post a Comment