Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Poetry Packet #3 Response

In class we were asked to read the third poetry packet. This packet is very thick, and is filled with multiple interesting pieces. I was blown away with the stories in this packet, and my mind was filled with so much confusion after reading some of it, but some of the stories made me recollect my childhood, and that made me very happy. These stories are so powerful that I had quite a bit of imagery going through my head as I read them.

What I liked most about this packet is the variation of language, no two stories are written the same, and the mystery that overcame me when I read these stories. My favorite story would have to be The Singing Fish because when I read it I thought of all my cousins from the south. I can imagine the dialect being used in this story. I also really like the line that contains "...us brothers..." because it showed the relationship in the story and my sister is my best friend, and we used to play in the mud together all the time growing up just like the boys did in this story.

These stories did an amazing job at filling my thoughts with pictures and scenes, or memories from my childhood. I really enjoyed reading these stories. The Singing Fish is definitely my most favorite of them all! It was executed very nicely and tastefully and I loved being able to pick up the different kind of setting that it held.

No comments:

Post a Comment